C4C College Mentors FAQs
Thanks for your interest in becoming a C4C college mentor! Below are some responses to some frequently asked questions.
When does the program take place?
2:30pm – 5:30pm 2x per week. Programs meet either Tuesdays and Thursdays OR Mondays and Wednesdays.
Where does the program take place?
At the local middle schools.
Do I have to be there both days?
Yes, all mentors attend all program days.
What do we do in the program?
Mentors lead a small group of 6-8 middle school students for 13 weeks. Mentors and their groups complete hands-on projects to share with the community. Mentors and their groups compete in structure physical activities.
What does a normal day at the program look like?
– 10min = Snack
– 55min = work on projects
– 55min = physical activity games
– 5min = Kids are dismissed
– 40min = Mentors plan with peers & teachers
What do I get out of it?
- College Students are trained and coached on effective mentoring, leadership, public speaking, planning, and problem solving.
- College Students get hands on leadership experience in a small group setting with safety & support from certified teachers.
- College Students who excel in this role are often offered employment (part time & full time) from the middle schools.
Will I be paid?
College Students are hired through their college’s Federal Work Study Office and paid minimum wage.