Thanks for your interest in becoming a C4C college mentor! Below are some responses to some frequently asked questions.
When does the program take place?
Program times vary by location but are consistent.
Where does the program take place?
At the local middle schools.
Do I have to be there all days?
Yes, all mentors attend all program days.
What do we do in the program?
Mentors lead a small group of 6-8 middle school students for 13 weeks. Mentors and their groups complete hands-on projects to share with the community. Mentors and their groups compete in structure physical activities.
What does a normal day at the program look like?
– 10min = Snack
– 55min = work on projects
– 55min = physical activity games
– 5min = Kids are dismissed
– 40min = Mentors plan with peers & teachers
What do I get out of it?
- College Students are trained and coached on effective mentoring, leadership, public speaking, planning, and problem solving.
- College Students get hands on leadership experience in a small group setting with safety & support from certified teachers.
- College Students who excel in this role are often offered employment (part time & full time) from the middle schools.
Will I be paid?
College Students are hired through their college’s Federal Work Study Office and paid minimum wage.